Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jam packed

Today has been so full, but I didn't mark even one assignment! I took Bethany to soccer while Andrew took Toby to another field for his game. We spent a couple of hours going over our house plans, took Bethany to a birthday party, cooked and got ready for a fabulous night of stamping fun with way more people than should fit in our house. Stupidly, I took no photos of the fun, the mess, or what we made. I am particularly annoyed that I didn't take any photos of my book club movie night last night. Having the library to ourselves, sitting in the dark with pizza and cheesecake (made by me and therefore fructose free), watching Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Too much fun!

This is what I have managed to photograph, with varying degrees of success. The frost on the bin as we walked to the bus stop yesterday. Note that Toby is not even wearing a jacket - it was exactly zero degrees (32F, which doesn't sound nearly as impressive). The fallen leaves glittered in the sun, it was quite beautiful. I do realise that you can't really tell that the bin is frosty from my photography, you'll just have to trust me.


After leaving the kids at the bus stop I walked home a different way, down the lane that runs behind the old houses we walk past on the way. My favourite little house has a triple garage out the back with a studio/granny flat on top! I really want to go in and have a look.


We have a reading wall at the library where library users are encouraged to write down which books they have read that fit the Love2Read monthly theme (check out the blog). As it happens, they seem to be writing all sorts of things on the wall. Carol went to take some down to make way for new ones and found this.


It reminds me of when Jane Eyre, asked what she must do to avoid going to hell, says that she must be very careful to keep in good health and not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment