Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The big wet

Um, if you look really closely, you can see mist on the road. It was eerie.


It was early! That isn't a black background, that is my phone, outside, in the cold, dark morning. Such is required for a day at the State Library.


Of course, it only takes an hour in the plane so we were early for the seminar and went for a walk in Hyde Park while the weather held.


By the time the seminar was finished the weather had well and truly turned. I was sorry that I had taken my umbrella out so my book would fit more easily.


We went to see the altered book exhibition in the Mitchell Library before realising that it was getting dark and I had a plane to catch and tea to purchase.


There was no need to rush as T2 was not packed, the trains were running on time and the planes were not. I got home at 9pm. It was a good day, even if I got a wee bit tired in the middle and even fell asleep once. I know that because my notes said "or" but what followed was just a little squiggle. I'm sure the alternative was not worthwhile. Now, to avoid a repeat after lunch tomorrow, I had best get organised and go to bed.

1 comment: