Friday, June 29, 2012

Celebrate!

Yay! Lots of things to celebrate! Toby and Bethany brought their reports home yesterday and we were very pleased with them. Tradition dictates that we go out to dinner so we tried an Italian restaurant we haven't been to before, up our end of the main street. We could have walked but didn't. Bethany put makeup on and was in excellent spirits.


After our pizza we walked a couple of blocks up to Gelatissimo for the kids to have some gelato and after walking back to the car, Toby and I kept going and walked home. Living in town is super!

Today was the last day of school for three weeks and, as it is Bethany's birthday next Sunday, I made a cake for her to share with her class. I made a cream cheese pound cake and she requested the rainbow.


This evening Andrew organised the music and played in the band at the Riverina Christian Convention and Jossie went too, as that was what youth group was doing. That left the rest of us with no car so it was very good timing that Kids' Club was at Oasis (the pool) so we could walk. It was hot and humid in there but the kids had a ball. Toby is the little white flash with a green stripe.


Bethany is confident enough for me to have been able to read. I finished Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. It was great, I do like a bit of literary science fiction. Now I have to reread The Poisonwood Bible for book club and have the Alex Miller that is up for the Prime Minister's Literary Award, I think it's called Autumn Laing.


What are you reading at the moment?

2 comments:

  1. can I request a rainbow cake for my birthday too ;) I'm reading jonathan franzen's the corrections at the moment I was so impressed by freedom. your town adventures are motivating me to walk a little more - except it's oh so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy and co.

    I am so loving keeping up with your blog.

    I am reading The Unknown Terrorist (Richard Flanagan) and enjoying it. I took Joss to Coonabarabran for her birthday and Rotary have a shop full of books for $2 so I got a pile of them.

    love Maurny

    ReplyDelete