Raspberry and White Chocolate Friands
190g unsalted butter
60g plain flour
1 1/3 cups (200g) icing sugar
120g almond meal
5 egg whites
100g chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
100g frozen or fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Melt butter and use a little to grease a 12 hole friand pan. Dust with a little flour and shake out the excess. You could just line the tins with friand liners but I don't have any.
2. Sift the flour and icing sugar into a large bowl and stir in the almond meal.
3. Lightly froth egg whites with a fork.
4. Add egg whites to dry ingredients with melted butter and stir to combine. Stir in white chocolate and raspberries.
5. Fill each hold two thirds full and bake for 25 - 35 minutes. Leave in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Serve dusted with icing sugar and with coulis if you like.
I didn't remember to take a photo of the friands when they were being served as I was at a public art forum so I stole the photo at the top from Taste.com.au. My recipe was a bit different but my friands looked like that. I also found this photo and they looked like this too :)