Saturday, August 2, 2014

Away


When we were at Easter Convention, I conceived a plan to go to One Love with my Mum and sister-in-law. One Love is a new women's conference, held not in Katoomba, but in the awesomely repurposed Australian Technology Park, just next to Redfern Station.

In the end, Mum wasn't able to come, so I asked an 'old' friend I don't get to see very often, and she was able to come. 

I left home on Friday, listened to Geraldine Brooks' People of the Book, and drove to Tim and Shona's on the Central Coast. How I love to spend time with them and their little people!

On Saturday morning Shona and I caught the train into town and met two school friends out the front. It was so lovely to see them, and the organisers went to considerable trouble to make it a special day. Three great speakers from overseas, a wonderful band to lead the singing and much special food - T2 tea, macarons, food trucks and high tea. It was a special day.


After coffee in Avoca and hugging all the big and little people goodbye, I drove to Broke to spend a few days with Mum and Dad. We have been walking, cooking, eating and talking. I meant to be a help, but Mum is bringing me tea in bed in the morning and I am very relaxed! Last night, when the DVD I brought with me wouldn't play in the lounge room, we all climbed into Mum and Dad's bed to watch The Railway Man. 

I am missing my family, but this is awfully nice.

1 comment: