Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cootamundra

Last week Sydney, this week Cootamundra. The life of a public librarian is a thrill a minute week! Five of us piled into Claire's car and drove for one hour and eighteen minutes to attend a meeting. Some of us had not had our coffee and were a bit sorry that the Junee Licorice Factory doesn't open until 10. I haven't spent a lot of time in Cootamundra before, I may only have driven through it, so I was keen to see it close up.


We were a bit late and had to sit around the edges of the council meeting room. Entering the building was like stepping back in time. Someone pointed out that it smelt like a church but I was very quick to say that my church doesn't smell like that!


Classic carpet.


It poured during the morning session. It was so loud the speakers had to speak up. I kept peering through the curtains to watch the rain (I have always loved it) and saw the lovely buildings they have in the main street.


The day ran late and we decided to skip the library tour (many of our party had already seen Cootamundra Library) and head back to the Licorice Factory before it closed.


Some of the girls had never been before, though it is only twenty minutes away!


Everyone made purchases from the wall of deliciousness and I mentioned the fact that we often come just to go shopping upstairs and even those who had been before had never been upstairs!


These are Crocs! If only they had a pair in my size..... they're like Minnie Mouse shoes. I think Jeannie should have bought them but perhaps she is saving her money for more stamps.

2 comments:

  1. Woo! More stamps!! Coota library looks fun!! That carpet is truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they were red then she definitely should have bought those shoes but that colour.hmmm.
    The girls did such a great job with the cards.

    ReplyDelete