Monday, February 21, 2011

A Different Weekend

Sometimes people ask me how I fit everything in. The answer is quite simple. I stay up late and get up early. This does mean that on the weekends I like to catch up on sleep. I don't need to sleep until 10 or anything, even 8 will do, but I really don't want to get up before dawn. Andrew also stays up late but he couldn't say no to the opportunity for a really long ride on Saturday. He got up before the sun and went to his friend Shep's house. Shep's wife drove them (very good of her) and their bikes to Tumbarumba, 114 kilometres away, and they rode all the way home. It rained a lot. I took this photo from facebook, sorry about the poor quality.


Seeing as Andrew was going to be gone until mid-afternoon, I decided to be 'good Mummy' and told the kids that they could all have a friend over to play. This would ensure that everyone was amused and I would just have to keep the food coming and make sure the wii was used fairly. I didn't get much of a sleep in as I woke when Andrew left and, not long after, someone commenced mowing their lawn, which I consider to be the height of rudeness before 8am. It's lucky I got up because it soon became clear that Bethany was not at all well and I had to call off all the play dates, which went down a treat as I'm sure you can imagine.

Bethany was sick all weekend and didn't get out of her pyjamas and rarely got out of bed. I couldn't use my computer much because she watched endless movies on it while lying in bed. Last night she played with her Megasketcher for the first time so I knew she had turned the corner. She is still pale and hasn't really eaten for days so we are staying home today for her to recover. She talked the entire way to and from school this morning so I know she isn't sick anymore!

On Friday night I went over to Liz' to stamp. It wasn't Stamp Club or one of her workshops. Liz and Megan have decided to start selling cards at markets and invited me to join them! We spent four and a half hours on Friday night making cards, working out details and choosing a name for ourselves. The name issue was quite tricky as some of the names we thought of had already been taken. In the end we went for Paper Kitchen and I have already created our blog. We'll sell cards, individually and in sets, and offer workshops and card making parties. Our first market is on the 5th of March at Wagga's PCYC. It is a Baby Bazaar so I have been making these cards....




It's all very exciting. I can see lots more late nights coming up......

4 comments:

  1. Aren't you clever? Poor Bethany. Glad to hear she is on the mend. K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are amazing! Thank you for mine, arrived yesterday... hope Bethany has her pink face back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so very clever Amy! I hope Bethany is feeling all well. I must try the going to bed late and getting up early thing. I can get up early but I'm usually unconscious by 10pm.
    x sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew - I mean, AnonymousFebruary 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM

    Andrew rode 114kms - that's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete