Friday, February 4, 2011

Fairy hair

The first week of school has finished with a bang. It was very difficult to get the children up this morning. When I went in to wake Bethany I found her like this. She likes to share her bed with her toys but they are usually soft ones. Her Taronga Zoo giraffe had fallen down the side and the three fairies she tucked in with her did not sleep undisturbed.


The blue fairy got stuck in Bethany's hair :)


The school very cleverly did not tax the brains of weary students adjusting to the new year but scheduled the swimming carnival for today. Thankfully neither of the two children eligible to compete showed any inclination to do so. Is it wrong to hope that your children are as non-sporty as you are? Don't answer that. Jossie had to attend anyway and spent last night organising her outfit and painting her nails in her house colour. Toby's year went to the pool around lunch time for a fun swim and Bethany stayed at school for fun under the sprinklers.

I picked up the kids after school and dropped in to Liz' for more bounty from her veggie garden. This was the best ever because she didn't just grow zucchini but she made it into zucchini slice for us! It is super delicious too.


I had almost forgotten about Kids' Club. It started up again this evening, at the earlier time of 5.30. They went to the beach to play volleyball and have a BBQ. Wagga Beach (on a river, not the ocean) is usually  quite a steep slope into the water but the floods made a fabulous, flat beach. The children were told that they weren't allowed to swim as the water runs very swiftly but I knew Jossie would get wet. She can't help herself.


Toby was more restrained and when I went to pick them up I witnessed a spectacular catch in beach cricket. He might be a bit sporty after all.


I finished The Shadow of the Wind at lunch today - there's nothing like shedding a tear at work. It was a fabulous read. Barcelona was a moody, atmospheric setting and the story was filled with twists and turns, engaging characters and beautiful language. Now I need to finish The Long Song by Andrea Levy. She also wrote Small Island which you may have seen on the ABC recently. I am not loving it but will finish it before starting Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (can that be her real name?). Mum suggested it and I had to get it from the Cootamundra branch, in large print!

I am looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow and Thai food and card making with my work mates tomorrow night. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! We did have a fabulous weekend at Lucy's wedding - over at Hallidays Beach - lovely and cool... and a couple of surfs for me!

    ReplyDelete