Saturday, October 30, 2010

Spring Vegetable

Bethany has been talking about the Spring Vegetable  for a while now. It turns out that she means Spring Festival which is a new celebration at school. On Friday afternoon from 1 til 5, the school held a festival for the students, parents and anyone else who wanted to come. There was lots of food, animals, music, plants and stuff (Jossie's favourite expression).


The kids took money to buy themselves some lunch and anything else that took their fancy. Toby and Bethany spent all their money on food but Joss invested in these glasses.


We did think about buying a brother for Milo. He's a baby toy poodle and he is very, very sweet. I'm sure Milo would love a brother but I'm not sure we would love another puppy. They are hard work! He also cost $600....


Bethany asked if we could have a lamb. That was an easier decision.


We waited half an hour for Bethany to get her face painted. She wanted to look like a Chinese person. Nice cleavage shot.


On Thursday night I went to my friend Liz' house for a Stampin Up workshop. I made this card! As a non-crafty person, I was pretty impressed with my efforts and I really enjoyed it. Check out Liz' blog to see the other card I made.

It is raining again today and I am so pleased. It has meant some double handling of my washing but it has finally reduced the pollen in the air so the hayfever is manageable. It also makes for lovely cooking, reading and television watching. By the end of today I will have made bolognese, minted lamb patties, lemon crisps, chocolate pavlova and proper custard (what else would I do with my leftover egg yolks?). I will have almost finished Little Dorrit (SO GOOD) and will watch the first episode of the eighth series of Spooks. I have watched all the other series on DVD so am sure it will be awful having to wait a whole week to see the next one. What will happen to Harry? Ruth is coming back! I'm so easily pleased, aren't I?

2 comments:

  1. LOL at she wanted to look like a Chinese person! That is fantastically hilarious! :) And I puzzled when I first read that she was talking about spring vegetables but it made sense when you explained it was the spring festival! I didn't think many kids thought about vegetables very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those glasses (and your card). They are too cool but is it just me or do they make her look like Lindsay lohan?

    ReplyDelete