Saturday, January 13, 2018

InCoWriMo 2018

I like to write lists. Even more than writing the lists, I like to tick things off. I regularly write things that I have already done, just so I can tick them off. It's so satisfying. It also means that I get to write with my fountain pens, every day.

There isn't much opportunity for handwriting in my work day, so I like to write letters and cards. As well as getting to use my fountain pens, there's nice stationery, sealing wax and stamps. Such fun!

We all like different things, of course, and this is one of my hobbies that isn't that popular. I don't mind. It doesn't bother me if I write a letter to someone and they either don't reply, or reply on Facebook, via email or text. I enjoy the process, and I would hate my letters to feel like a burden, to the person who receives it. That said, I do so love to receive a letter......



Tim, the source of my fountain pen fascination, told me about InCoWriMo, last year. The name is short for International Correspondence Writing Month, and was inspired by NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Every day in February, participants write and send a letter, card or note.

I decided to participate, and made my address available on the InCoWriMo address book so that other keen letter writers could write to me, and they did! I have kept writing to a couple of them, too.

I am going to do it again, and already have one new pen friend, from Mexico. It does mean less time to read, but it's only one month, and the shortest one at that. If you'd like me to write to you, let me know in the comments.


2 comments:

  1. Please, O please? I'd LOVE a letter. And I will try VERY hard to write back!

    ReplyDelete