Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blossoms



I adore blossoms. Maybe they remind me of the year I spent in Japan after school (19 years ago!) and the lovely sweets they had in cherry blossom season. I do wish the season was longer, they seem to blow away so soon after they appear.



I'd love one of those wall decorations so I could have blossoms all year round. Something like this.
Or this.


I watched Doubt while Andrew was at rehearsals the other night. I had seen stills of Meryl Streep in the bonnet and thought the film was set in Puritan times which doesn't appeal. It was most refreshing to see an American film that didn't give you all the answers. I noticed the other day that the ABC shop had all the Gavin and Stacey DVDs so we bought them for the library. Now I have series three and the Christmas special waiting in the lounge room - I hope Andrew can take a break from music practice to watch some and I really wish Mum were here to watch them too!

The second day of the Outdoor Reading Room was fun, if a little slow. We have plenty of ideas about how we could reach a lot more people with it if we get another chance next year.


There were lots of people around during Storytime but they didn't really engage with the Get Reading books. The man in the orange chair looks fascinated doesn't he? Surrounded by books and magazines....


This lady had the right idea.

Do you think I should go to my 20 year school reunion? The invitation arrived the other day. It will cost $60 and that includes a generous bar tab and food. Note they didn't say dinner. Kristy went to hers last year and said that they got bad nibbles and didn't get through their bar tab. I like to eat my calories and am naturally high spirited and uninhibited so I would much rather have dinner! Still, there are people I would love to catch up with........ if they are going.

An event that I am seriously looking forward to is my cousin David's wedding. Actually, as much as I love a wedding, I am even more excited about seeing all the family for dinner at the Blue Gum the night before. I probably won't get to eat any dinner though because I will constantly have my arms full of nieces and nephew! I cannot wait.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait either! Yes, you should go to the reunion... it would be fun. Wish I was there to watch Gavin and Stacy too, did you know Gav and (forgotten the other guys name) have a comedy show on ABC2? Haven't watched it, so can't give a run-down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't enjoy the only high school reunion I went to. It was rather depressing with many of the people expected to do well in life not haven done so. Our home coming queen committed suicide the next year.

    ReplyDelete