Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sport

While Toby has always been sporty Jossie takes after me and has shown very little interest in sport. We did take her to hockey for a while but she never took to it - does anyone need a little hockey stick? During the week, Jossie told me that the school's netball team was short of members and that she wished to play with her friends. So we bought a netball skirt and showed up at the courts on Saturday morning for her first ever game.


I took these photos with my iPhone and couldn't get very close, but that is Jossie in maroon, shielding her eyes. She didn't really know the rules and was very timid at first but, in the second half, started to get the hang of it.


That's her holding the ball! They were a few players short and had more than one player just starting so the coaches weren't surprised by the result - they lost 46 - 1! Thankfully, Jossie didn't mind :) Bethany, on the other hand, was terribly bored and unimpressed with the fact that I hadn't brought anything to eat. I bought myself an unpleasant coffee and a melting moment for Bethany but I'll be better prepared next week.


Toby's second game of soccer was as good as the last. He kicked another goal and they won 3 - 0. Afterwards he went straight to a party. When we picked him up we found an echidna! I love living in the country.


Jossie also had a party so Bethany and I took Milo for a walk up the hill to the rocks.


Poor Milo, he can't really see at the moment. He's booked in for a haircut shearing on Thursday.


t was a push to get back before it got dark but the view is great.


Today we went to Liz and Ian's brand new house for lunch. I made some cinnadoodles, how I love them!
What I am cooking: I have been using my Nigellapp too, making chocolate and pear pudding (delicious) and aromatic chilli beef noodle soup (enjoyed only by me).
What I am reading: Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
What I am watching: We finished watching the second series of Ashes to Ashes and can't wait for the third to wrap it all up! We all watched Miss Potter this evening as Jossie was asked to watch it for school.

6 comments:

  1. I laughed at the first photo of Jossie playing netball - takes me back to Canoon Road - I don't think your team EVER won.... but it's all about team play yes? Would love to have the recipe for pear and choc pudd - pears are great at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS What are cinnadoodles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cut off a bit of milo, mix him with Cinnamon and voila... cinnadoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More slightly more delicious cinnadoodles try http://www.notquitenigella.com/2009/02/16/cinnadoodles-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can testify that they are indeed more delicious. Yum! I like the sound of that soup too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How was the soup? I found the recipe...

    ReplyDelete