Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Back on track

I've been lost in the wilderness of work, family and WINGS. Obviously, the first two are always with me but, thankfully, WINGS, the women's conference my church puts on every two years, is over. I'll do a quick catch up and then we can go back to normal.......hopefully.

I am, by choice, the birthday cake maker at work. So, after my birthday on Saturday the 1st, I made a lemon and almond syrup cake to take to work. I forgot to take a photo but it was delightful, with extra syrup and cream. It was a Belinda Jeffrey recipe and I'll be making it again. On Tuesday Kristy brought in a sponge cake and pretty, pink macarons. Thanks Kristy! Sadly, she didn't get to eat any of the sponge because it all went before she had a chance!


Toby has started soccer for the year........sigh. The park he has practice in couldn't be further away and it is very cold in the late afternoon (how cold is it going to get?!). Still, he really enjoys it. Hid coach is only a teenager but very good with the kids. Rather him than me!


Straight after soccer practice Jossie and Toby had Kids' Club and my presence was also required as they were having a Mothers' Day dinner. It was very sweet, Jossie made me a name tag that said "The awesomest Mum ever". Her friend Hannah did the same for her mum and she and I were going to have to fight it out over who actually is the awesomest. In the end I conceded because awesomest isn't a word. I am the most awesome :)

The first highlight of the WINGS conference is that Mim came down from Molong to lead the music team! It was so good to see her. 165 women came and I was the MC. The teaching was great and I think people were encouraged. I took this photo at lunch.


Mim and Bill had dinner with us afterwards (thanks Helen!) and I made a lemon delicious which was. It was just like she had never moved. We watched the first episode of North and South which the men found boring. I have watched it all now and, while it isn't as good as the book, obviously, it is wonderful.


On Sunday the kids spoiled me with lovely presents, including a gorgeous tea pot I'll take photos of soon, and after church I did all the shopping, washing and cooking I would have done on Saturday. Yesterday afternoon Toby played piano in an eisteddfod and came second. Yay Toby!

That's me caught up. I'll be back soon.....

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your blog darling, so glad you got to catch up with Mim... Congratulate Toby too! and I never thought I'd see a photo of a girl in Wagga with shorter hair than yours?? Also, would love the Belinda Jeffery recipe - always love a lemon/almond cake....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!

    And you an MC? I'd love to come to something that you MC it would be weird to see your sister in a different capacity. Maybe like you imagining me preaching or something....

    Anyway, nice to have you back on board! (which is better than "back on beard" which is what my fingers typed first....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Amy. Sounds like you've been busy but in a good way? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, seeing I live just arond the corner but never get to see you - my fault too - I thought I would comment here. Cool pic of Tobes on the front page of the DA. He must be pleased with his playing (as I am sure are you and Andrew!). Glad you enjoyed your birthday, sorry we missed it...I felt awful. Hope to see you soon,
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-you have been busy. Makes me tired just reading it.

    ReplyDelete