Tuesday, April 13, 2010

To the Beach

Sometimes I wish Wagga was a bit closer to Sydney. Not for the far greater variety of shops and restaurants, but so that we could see more of our family. Thankfully Mum, Dad, Tim and Shona had a free day so we could see them at Tim and Shona's place on the Central Coast. It's almost the Pumpkin's birthday so we went in with Mum and Dad and gave her a rocking horse - she instinctively knew what to do!
Given that our beach deprived children love the sea, we went to Terrigal to have fish and chips for lunch. Toby recovered from the ill effects of windy roads to polish off an enormous lunch. All three children then got completely soaked, clothes and all.
These pelicans were very tame.
This is Dad taking a photo of Tim taking a photo of Dad.
Hopefully Tim will put some good photos up on his blog.
We were very lucky to avoid sand in the eyes as Bethany and the Pumpkin enjoyed the sand most enthusiastically.
We walked up the Skillion in the hope of the children drying off. Bethany was frightened of falling off at the top while the Pumpkin just wanted to climb the fences and try her luck. It's a very steep hill and I was carrying a heavy bag and the Pumpkin so I would have worked off all the fish and chips I ate, wouldn't I? So, when we got back, we had tea and macarons. I cut them in half (messily) so that we could try more flavours. I couldn't say which was my favourite. I know Tim liked the salted caramel one but I didn't get to try it. Next time....

6 comments:

  1. They were all pretty good.

    Have no fear, I will post soon, but it might take a bit cause I am waiting for an update to my photo managing thing that recognises the format I shoot my photos in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such colorful macaroons, they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky girl getting a rocking horse. That was always one of my favourite things when I was little! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summary of the day darling, Dad's been trying to download the video of Pumpkin on the rocking horse... wish I had tried more of those macarons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish we could have been there! So glad she likes the rocking horse - can't wait to see the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing children at the beach. They have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete