Monday, April 12, 2010

Cake adventure



Andrew, Jossie and Toby headed to the Royal Easter Show but I was not tempted by showbags, I wanted cake, so Bethany and I caught the train into the city in search of La Renaissance. We caught the train to Wynyard and walked down to The Rocks, finding the café just before Bethany felt she had walked far enough. Bethany fancied the cheesecake, not the most adventurous choice, but it was creamy and delicious.


I ordered a coffee…


To go with my Gaugin. Berry delicious.


I bought one of each macaron to take home!


The Guylian café is right next door so we had to buy some chocolates. The lady was very nice and gave Bethany an Easter egg and chatted to her a bit. I asked if I could take a photo and she wasn’t keen on my taking a photo just of the display so she asked a waitress to take a photo of us together.


Bethany wanted to see the 'pool' – can you tell that we live inland?


It was a long walk back up the hill and we sat in Martin Place listening to some music, contemplating walking up to the Lindt Café for some of their macarons in order to have enough to share. I looked up and saw a friend of ours from Wagga! Actually he is at Moore College in Newtown now but it was still a big co-incidence. He told us about another Lindt Café, a bit closer to Wynyard so he walked us down there and we bought delices…


And shared a dark iced chocolate for lunch - we had done a lot of walking and we had vegetables at dinner.


Long food adventures with much walking are not for five year olds so we hopped on a train back to Warrawee at that point and discovered that I had forgotten to get the keys from Andrew so had to walk back to Andrew’s parents’ house. We made it a nature adventure to keep Bethany enthused but we were ready for a quiet afternoon once we returned!

4 comments:

  1. Those desserts look fabulous. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still taste those macarons....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh what a delicious adventure! I do love a good macaron and cake! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee, berry cakes and macarons. It was indeed a good day!

    ReplyDelete