Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Sunday

After the morning session at Katoomba, we drove to the cousins’ for an Esater egg hunt. When you are dealing with such a range of ages, it is best to have the collected eggs dropped in a basket for fair distribution at the end. For a start, poor old Huw was asleep.

I hid 25 eggs and, despite making the hiding spots fairly obvious, we had quite a job finding them all.

And quite a job keeping everyone from scoffing them straight away.

We went up the Leura village and popped in to the book fair. I bought a copy of Samuel Butler’s The Way of all Flesh (having recognised the title from A Room with a View – can anyone else remember Mr Beebe looking at George’s books?) and a Daphne Du Maurier omnibus. Speaking of books, I have read Muriel Barbery’s The Gourmet, Helen Garner’s The Spare Room, Mary Ann Shaffer’s The Guernsey Literary and potato Peel Pie Society and……. Twilight. Jossie is desperate to see the movie so I thought I had better check it out. You know, I really didn’t mind it, how embarrassing. Briony lent it to me and she lent us the DVD as well. Jossie and I watched it on my laptop last night. It didn't suck either.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go on an Easter egg hunt one day! It looks like so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics & welcome back. All that teen angst in twilight drove me crazy. I still read it very quickly but have no desire to read the whole series. If I was a teenager however...

    ReplyDelete