Sunday, October 11, 2015

David Bowie Is

I have loved David Bowie since I was in Year nine. That's almost thirty years! When I heard that a David Bowie exhibition was coming to Melbourne, I knew I had to make the trip. Thankfully, my friend Monique and her daughter Eleanor, were also keen. Road trip!

We left after Monique finished work at four on Saturday afternoon, and drove through an amazing light show that turned into steady rain, arriving at my brother's place around 9.30.


These lovely faces (two cheeky, one tolerant) were delightful company in the morning, and we all went to Chadstone for yum cha.

Monique, her Mum, Nelly and I caught the train into town and went into ACMI at Fed. Square for the exhibition, just us and hordes of others!

I don't use the word amazing very often. I find it has been dulled by over use, but the exhibition really was amazing. I could go again there was so much to take in; costumes, letters, interviews, movie snippets, film clips and writings. I stood in front of the costume from Ashes to Ashes for ages. It was so detailed and really beautiful. I would have liked to try some of the costumes on, but he was SO SKINNY. His waist, my thigh sort of skinny.

It's a shame that there is no photography allowed in the exhibition, or that there isn't just one thing you can have your photo with, you know, for blogging purposes, but the memories will last and now I feel like watching Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence. He had my favourite hair in The Man Who Feel to Earth, but that is a seriously weird movie and there's throwing up in it, so I'll give that a miss. 

We got back to the car around five, in perfect sunshine and then drove into torrential rain; we even had to stop for a while because we couldn't see at all! 

I got home at 10.30, making it a pretty big weekend, but it was definitely worth it. We're keen to do it again!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like such fun... and pleased you all got there and back safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like such fun... and pleased you all got there and back safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made the effort and enjoyed it so much. You need to perfect the no photo photo in such circumstances!

    ReplyDelete