Friday, May 22, 2015

Dedication


Joss is a Eurovision tragic. She has been listening to all the songs she loves from semi-final one, watched on Wednesday evening. On Thursday night she announced that she would be getting up at five to watch the second semi. I wasn't so sure; Friday is a long work day for me, but I thought it would be a fun thing to do together, so I set my alarm.

I usually get up at six, and five is when I get up to go to the airport. I rugged up and wandered out but Joss wasn't there. I opened her door and whispered "Are you coming?". She piked!

There was little point going back to bed, so I made a cup of tea and enjoyed the show.

I enjoyed it again when the rest of the family caught up after dinner, and then we raced through the replay of the first semi to see the backstage interviews not featured in the live show.

Our favourites so far? We have quite a few, but can narrow it down to Belgium and Sweden.

Tomorrow morning I'll get up early again, though I am loathe to lose an opportunity to sleep in. I couldn't possibly wait until Sunday night.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very lonely vigil to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't caught up with it yet! Will have to do with the "re-run" tonight...

    ReplyDelete