Thursday, April 14, 2011

Taking a break

As it happens, no real surprises, it is almost impossible to mark while the kids are home with me. Very, very late nights it is then. Still, breaks in marking, or attempting to mark, are good for blogging.

Last Saturday we went to the Farmers' Markets where I was thrilled to discover that Wagga has a chocolatier. Sadly, she only sells at markets but that's something at least. It was so hot that I was getting quite uncomfortable and the chocolate lady was in quite a panic about her precious chocolates melting. I took this photo of the lagoon.

The very next day the warm weather disappeared completely and I suspect it won't be back until Spring. We're not big on Autumn and Spring in Wagga, we prefer it to seem like we go straight from Summer to Winter.

School holidays mean school holiday programmes for libraries. This particular school holidays also means re:generate, which is a youth festival. Why did we agree to run four events?! Laser Skirmish was fully booked out with a waiting list (50 teenagers shooting each other with lasers), henna was also fully booked but we had some spaces for the circus workshops so opened them up for slightly younger kids. That meant that Joss and Tobes could join in.



This afternoon we went for a ride. Sadly, just as we were about to leave, I realised that my bike is still at work (it was very rainy at 5pm on Tuesday) so poor Toby stayed home and I rode his bike. After Bethany rode around Lake Albert yesterday with Andrew, I knew she'd be up for a good ride close to home. This dirt road is not far from us.


Bethany looked up at this point and said "I can see Africa!"



Are you sick of Hipstamatic photos yet? I'm not!

1 comment:

  1. Hipstamatic photo's make the photo look like it was taken in the '70's!
    I watched the thing about the birth of Cleo mag. last night - first scene it said "1st of May, 1972"! I remember what I was doing on that day!
    I wish I still had my copy of the first Cleo, it might be a collectors item now!

    ReplyDelete