Thursday, December 16, 2010

Two sleeps to go

There may be nine sleeps till Christmas but there are only two sleeps until Andrew's 40th! Of course, I have been in denial about both of these approaching events and we have been kept very busy. Last Friday night was the last Kids' Club for the year and we were all invited to a party at the Botanic Gardens. Bethany worked on her climbing skills.


We went on the model railway.... Bethany was pretty excited.


I made this luminaire at Liz' Stampin' Up workshop.


This is it when it isn't on the job.


We got to meet the lovely Peter who didn't wake up though we all had several holds.


We do love babies.


On Sunday evening we went to Carols in The Victory Memorial Gardens. The weather was lovely and hundreds of people came. Andrew did a kids' spot and Bethany and some of her school friends went on stage with him as elves to help him sing. Can you spot Bethany in this photo?


They all did a great job and the whole evening was lovely.


Andrew's parents are here now, minding the kids while we are at work. The weather is warming up again. We have had drought, flood and now plague as the locusts have moved in....... ah, the country. I do like this little bird that has made its nest on the grapevine out the back door. There are four little eggs in it :)


Reading update: Jasper Jones was brilliant. I really loved the banter between Charlie and Jeffrey, it must be an Australian classic. The Bell Jar was also a fascinating read. You have to read it to find out why Sylvia Plath gave it that title. I have already borrowed at least ten books to take away over Christmas. If only I was I was as organised in all areas.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa - you HAVE been busy! Yes, I could spot Bethany... peeping out. I'm so pleased you liked Jasper Jones - he wrote an earlier novel called Rhubard, I quite liked it as well, but not as much as Jasper - wasn't the ending clever? Can't wait to see you all in just over 7 days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really must get around to reading that book! happy birthday to the big fella. Hope you all enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete