Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Facing facts, if I don't grab this opportunity now, I won't be back before Christmas. The early night I was aiming for was a pipe dream so I may as well pop in here and wish you a Merry Christmas while sharing a random selection from my phone and camera.

If you want publicity for your library, move to the country. This full page of the local paper was not paid for! I didn't suggest the pose either....


Andrew's (significant) birthday was on Saturday and his parents very kindly minded the children so we could go out on Friday night and we had a lovely evening at Three Chefs and then the cinema. Andrew chose Eton Mess for dessert on Saturday night so I didn't make a cake. Jen, from work, has a similarly horrible December birthday and Kristy made her this fabulous cake! If you like cake, work in a library.


For the last few years we have added gingerbread house to our list of Christmas traditions. I made the gingerbread one evening and left Sue to help the kids put it together while I was at work. It turns out they don't like gingerbread, just the lollies....... shame that, as I love gingerbread.


And so, to bed. I don't know when I'll be back. Have a wonderful Christmas celebrating God's great gift to us!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you there in hot Australia. I hope it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't like gingerbread? goodness! I love it a little too much I think. Merry Christmas to you all from the Diffeys! See you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete