Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Swing of Things

Once all the washing was done after Kiama, Andrew's sister and her three children came to stay; it's a tradition that the cousins would not like to forgo. There is much late night talking amongst three girls in one bedroom, lots of trampolining, ice cream eating and game playing. It's a highlight of our summer holidays.

We also had a great evening down at the river, celebrating Steve and Mike's birthdays. The menfolk swam with the kids while we enjoyed a bit of grown-up conversation under the trees.


We had one last week of holidays, when I got up each morning and left before anyone stirred, and then, no matter how hard they clung to the holidays, it was time for the kids to go back to school.

In fact, Bethany has started somewhere new. Yes, the baby of the family, is in high school.


She was a bundle of excitement and nervousness, but relaxed into a wonderful first day.


The excitement levels elsewhere were pretty well contained.


There are, as one would expect, a lot of things I will miss about the holidays, especially as extra-curricular activity mounts, but there is something satisfying about getting in the swing of things; being organised.

I am not one for New Year's Resolutions. If you need to make positive changes, just do it; but I did make some tongue in cheek ones. I posted on Instagram that I want to read more, burn more candles and drink more tea. I think it's important to set oneself up for success. I also plan to write more letters (and obtain more fountain pens and paraphernalia), so when Tim alerted me to the existence of InCoWriMo (International Correspondence Writing Month), I decided to get involved.


I will be writing a letter, postcard or note every day in February. Tim is getting the first, but if you want to be on my list, let me know in the comments!


We have had Mum and Dad here for a couple of days, which has been delightful. Extraordinarily hot, sometimes windy weather does make for spectacular sunsets, best enjoyed while taking an evening stroll.

4 comments:

  1. I'm jumping up and down with my hand in the air, shouting, "Me! Pick Me!" (If you are doing international)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you can write a letter to my new address in Wagga ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a letter :) And I still remember the morning a young Bethany looked a little too closely at a turtle in the lagoon and fell in! She's all grown up now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AS usual, a very busy life! Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete