Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Petals

Jossie is all packed for a three day excursion to Ballarat and I almost need a valium after the effort. She needs to be at school at ten past six tomorrow morning and we won't see her again until late Friday evening. Brave teachers indeed.....

One thing in their favour is that I think the weather has started to turn. It is still perishingly cold but this morning I noticed that it was almost light at twenty to seven while it has been completely dark until seven all winter. It has rained so much that maybe the drought is over too.

After a very brief visit from Dad on Thursday night, as he drove down to Melbourne, we had a quiet weekend. Toby was very stoic about the cancellation of his soccer game and while Andrew went on a 75 kilometer bike ride to Coolamon and back, I took Toby and Bethany to watch Jossie play netball. It was cold, damp and windy but she played really well and only lost by three points. In the afternoon, as Andrew recovered from his ride, I took Milo on a long walk to the uni.


The rain held off and Milo really enjoyed all the smells. Last time we were up there we found a frog.


There are lots of open spaces but dogs aren't allowed off their leash. We didn't see a soul, all in bed after a big Friday night?


I pointed the rainbow out to Milo but he wouldn't even look. It was the only moment I wished Bethany was with us. I didn't miss carrying her scooter or 'encouraging' her to keep going.


Charles Sturt University, at least the Wagga campus, is quite unfortunately ugly. Lots of tan, seventies brick. There is a little footbridge, however, that goes over an empty pond which, apparently, runs camellia petals.

On Monday, usually my ten hour day at work, I left after three hours because Mum and Dad were coming for a night on their way back from Melbourne. We had a lovely afternoon. I had made baklava, for the first time, and chocolate cheesecake brownies. We had Italian roast pork for dinner and lemon delicious for dessert before watching the last episode of Little Dorrit...... so good. Mum and Dad left first thing this morning and now I am getting a cold....... not so good. At least Jossie will be away from the germs.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like good times!
    A Camellia flowing stream? Maybe it's the soul of "Amy" trying to speak to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely night with you all, and lovely dinner. Great to see the end of Little Dorrit - good (but long) drive home. Nice to be back in my own bed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did mum have her own thoughts on the end of Dorrit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that photo of the flower petals. I hope your cold is over soon. Your life sounds really busy.

    ReplyDelete