Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Jossie!

My holidays are mostly over. I say mostly because, while I have gone back to work, the kids are being looked after at home by Mum so I don't have to get the kids ready, make their lunches and drive them to school - that's enough of a break for me! We are having a delightful time with Mum. On Sunday afternoon we drove out to the Junee licorice and chocolate factory for necessary supplies. There is a fabulous shop above the factory filled with cook books, kitchenware, scarves, bags, toys and lovely things so Mum and I were keen to spend some time up there. Toby brought his soccer ball with him in anticipation.


It was the café that lured all the kids and Mum bought them all drinks full of molten chocolate while I bought chocolate covered licorice and almonds.


It's hard to wait when the very young staff get confused and take their time.


Luckily the chocolate was worth the wait. I had licorice tea which was delicious.



The kids have had a whale of a time with Mum. They have made biscuits, played games, ridden bikes and been to see Toy Story 3. Andrew and I have really enjoyed having her here as well, not only because she has looked after the kids and done all the driving around and cooking :) We have been watching le Tour and Gavin and Stacey. The other night I made blackberry clafoutis, after seeing it on Taste le Tour, which is my favourite bit (I also like the scenery).

Today is Jossie's eleventh birthday - she's old enough to go to Hogwarts! We had a huge pile of presents in the morning and she spent the morning at a friend's house before going to the pool. Her dinner of choice was macaroni cheese and, in lieu of a birthday cake, she had chocolate caramel slice, made by Mum.


Bethany enjoyed it too.


I always chose Wiener Schnitzel as my birthday dinner. What was your favourite?

7 comments:

  1. When I was a kid i always requested a cherry pie instead of cake, which my grandmother would usually make for me.

    Happy Birthday Josie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Tim! Spoken like a true brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like steak and mashed potatoes for a special meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother always made her special tapioca custard. These days I request my mother in law's veggie lasagna. Delicious.
    Happy birthday Jossie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad everyone had a good time, happy birthday again Jossie, my favourite is a baked dinner - and lamb in preference to beef, but anything Anne makes is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In staff meetin today someone talked about clever Pianists. I had to stifle a laugh as it is unprofessional... just like Weiner

    xx Ty

    p.s. you look cool in this Pic Jossie, glad you had a happy birthday

    ReplyDelete